Five on Friday: Events this Valentine’s Day weekend on Treasure Coast
Elysia Brennan delivers her picks for the weekend of February 11-13, 2022.
ELYSIA BRENNAN/SPECIAL AT TCPALM, Wochit
Attend a barbecue and blues music festival, see a classic car show, have a yard sale and explore an arts festival this Valentine’s Day weekend.
Here is your Five on Friday weekend update for the Treasure Coast.
Indian River County
Vero Beach Blues and BBQ Festival
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday
- Indian River County Fairgrounds, 7955 58th Ave., Vero Beach
- Enjoy adult food, drink and live music. Wander the aisles of arts and crafts vendors. See the classic car show Saturday.
- $5 admission, free for children under 13; free parking
12th Annual Motor Show
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- McKee Botanical Garden, 350 US 1, Vero Beach
- The event features 40 cars on display throughout the garden, including a 1958 Ferrari California Spyder, a 1963 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale and a 1984 Ferrari BB 512i.
- Admission $15 for adults, $13 for ages 65+ and 13-17, $10 for ages 2-12, free for members and children under 2
St. Lucia County
Botanica Garden Festival Plant Sale
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday to Sunday
- Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd.
- The two-day plant sale from horticultural, home and outdoor specialists from across Florida includes handmade furniture, landscape, garden, ornamental art, garden and food for sale. Live music from the Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society is from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day.
- Free admission and parking
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday to Sunday
- Gazebo Park, 50 SE Ocean Blvd., Stuart
- The 35-year-old event features an eclectic and entertaining ensemble of visual artists, musicians, singers and top chefs from the region.
- $5 admission for adults, free for those 18 and under
Valentine’s Market at Market on Main
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday
- Downtown Stuart, 201 SW Flagler Ave., Stuart
- Arrive early for a fresh cup of coffee, then tour the arts and crafts station with Stuart Ceramics. Dress for the occasion and get a darling shot from Sampson Photography. Enjoy live music by Chris Springer, a romantic brunch and personalized poems.
- Free entry
Elysia Brennan is a freelancer for TCPalm who researches the best things to do on the Treasure Coast. Do you have an upcoming event that you would potentially like to include in this weekly roundup? Email it to him at [email protected] You can also upload your event to the TCPalm events page at events.tcpalm.com.