Stellenbosch invites you to Garden Town 2022: a spectacle of art, gastronomy and the outdoors!
The idyllic town is set for a 10-day event that will cater to diverse interests. Garden Town 2022 will take place October 20-30 and this spectacular event will showcase the region’s best food, wine, arts and outdoor activities.
See the oak-lined avenues of Stellenbosch decorated with colorful flowers, bouquets and upcycled installations.
The event was organized by the city’s tourism stakeholders and will feature botanical gardens, museums and other well-known places. These include the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden, Rupert Museum, Quoin Rock, Ernst van Jaarsveld, Lanzerac and Babylonstoren.
Also read: 50 things to do in Cape Town with kids in 2022
Garden Town 2022 has organized a selection of activities. Expect horticultural tours, floristry, hikes and demonstrations by garden specialists.
Learn about do-it-yourself vegetable gardening, wreath making, floral design and more.
Garden Town 2022 will kick off with a grand flower parade. The parade will begin at 6 p.m. on October 20. Put on a wreath and join the procession – everyone is invited.
A Garden Soiree will follow the parade. It will be a floral take on the city’s summer wine tasting pop-ups. It happens from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the newly landscaped Voorgelegen Gardens.
The program is filled with workshops, lectures and visits. The schedule includes, but is not limited to:
Richard Williams’ Chrysanthemum Workshop
- Date: October 22
- Time: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Location: Pniel Museum and tea garden | River Street, Pniel
- Book now: Chrysanthemum workshop
Samantha Dormehl’s plant-based cooking workshop
- Date: October 22, 23, 29 and 30
- Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: Volksrust Farm | Rustenberg Road, Ida Valley
- Book now: Vegetable cooking workshop
Honey Sensory Analysis and Natasha Lyon’s Honey Tasting Experience
- Date: October 20
- Time: 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Location: Rupert Museum | Road to Stellentia
- Book now: Honey tasting workshop
Presentation by Dr. Caren Hauptfleisch on herbs and their uses
- Date: October 26
- Time: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Stellenbosch Museum – Grosvenor House Garden | 12 Drostdy Street.
- Book now: Herbal maintenance
To view the full list of activities and their relevant details: Garden Town 2022 program.
This year, Garden Town Stellenbosch is collaborating with KAMERS/Makers. KAMERS will be hosted at the Blaauwklippen wine estate from October 25 to 30.
The following offer is available:
- A combined ticket that gives access to KAMERS and the allotment gardens.
- Buy the combined ticket here.
Details of the garden city:
- Date: October 20 to 30, 2022
- Contact: 021 886 4310 | www.gardentown.visitstellenbosch.org
- Tickets for events: Directory of garden cities
Read also :
Beyond the Barriers: Snooping around the Private Gardens of Noordhoek