Apply for this job
The Tasting Room Manager is a supervisory position who is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing all aspects of Ship Bottom Brewery Tasting Room and Beer Garden operations, including the staff management and curbside pickup. This position will supervise and manage staff, ensure product and customer service standards are met, and implement and maintain procedures for maximum operational efficiency. Applicants should have relevant experience in the hospitality and / or service industry. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY-RANGE POSITION. This is a great opportunity for a professional with extensive hospitality experience and an interest in running our tasting room and beer garden in a growing brewery.
Our ideal tasting room manager has a deep passion for craft beer, superior customer service skills, and the ability to represent the Ship Bottom Brewery brands and company mission. This professional should also have direct supervisory experience and knowledge of Federal and New Jersey regulations regarding liquor service, tasting room / Beer Garden operations and licensing.
Terms & Conditions
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management role that will manage bartenders and merchandise staff, including items for curbside pickup, reception hall and e-commerce programs, to ensure they perform tasks efficiently and effectively assigned to them and meet the expectations and guidelines of their positions through continuous constructive review and feedback. Manage and facilitate the flow of tasting bar activities, including before and after shift tasks. Coordinate the shipment of products purchased through the Ship Bottom Brewery website.
- Serve Ship Bottom Brewery Brands in a way that communicates the brewery’s passion for quality, knowledge and customer service at all times.
- Explain the brands of Ship Bottom Brewery in an accessible and engaging way to guests familiar and new to the brands of the brewery. Coordinate the programming and staffing of the tasting room during normal business hours and for special and private events on and off site, as required.
- Work with the web developer to oversee and maintain the web pages
- Monitor product inventory and ensure stock is rotated, restocked, and stored properly.
- Ensure that all sales information, cash accounts and payroll data are properly maintained and communicated to the president.
- Maintain the draft system and beer dispensing equipment.
Terms & Conditions
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- High school diploma or GED required. Four-year university degree a plus.
- Minimum of one year of service management, including direct management of staff and / or supervision of others in a retail setting.
- Beer server certified Cicerone level 1 or ability to obtain from the first year in post.
- Passion and understanding of customer service and the craft beer industry.
- Experience in leading and managing schedules of a large team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive computer skills in MS Office, Excel, EKOS (production and tasting room management), QuickBooks and point of sale systems (Square and EKOS experience is an asset!) Ability to work well and communicate effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Physical ability to lift and move up to 60 lbs and stand for extended periods of time during days of high volume or major events.
Compensation: Salary and benefits. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Advantages: Paid vacation; Training and educational resources; and monthly beer allocation to employees and discounts
Apply for this job