The Myriad Botanical Gardens has a full schedule of programs and events planned for the month of August. Come and spend time with your family in a relaxing environment where you can exercise, listen to great music, learn dance steps and learn about horticulture.
Here is a list of some Myriad Gardens programs and events. Check that the information has not changed for each event before attending.
- JUMP! At Myriad Gardens — From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, August 6, at the Seasonal Plaza. Learn Dutch skipping/double rope techniques. Free skipping rope, crafts, and food trucks
- Full moon bike ride — 8:30 p.m. on August 12, departure from Seasonal Plaza. Suggested donation of $5. Participation requires the use of lights and helmets.
- Dancing in the Garden with K-Pop — 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on August 19. All ages are welcome. RACE Dance Company will teach K-pop dances, dance battles, and random dance! The Big Friendly, Oh My Gogi and Big Biang Theory will be selling food.
- Higher Ground: A Stevie Wonder Tribute Concert – 7:30 p.m. August 26 on the Devon Lawn and Band Shell. Just Desserts, Oklahoma Kettle Corn, Oh My Gogi, Psycho Taco and Wicked Hangry Burgers will be selling food.
Myriad in Motion Free Fitness Classes
- Yoga— 6 p.m. Tuesdays and 9 a.m. Saturdays on the Devon Lawn. Location may change. Bring a mat and water.
- Jump and scream — 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Saturdays at the Kindergarten. Recommended ages 4-8 years old.
- hip hop cardio — 10.15am on August 6, 13, 20 and 27 on the Devon Lawn.
- Zumba – 6:45 p.m. on August 18, September 1 and 15 and October 6 and 20 at the seasonal plaza
- Weekly visits — From 10 a.m. to noon Monday to Friday, until August 12 in the porch of the children’s garden.
- Guided Garden Explorer Tour — 1 p.m. on August 12 and 10 a.m. on August 27. Meet in the visitors’ hall.
- Autumn vegetable garden — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on August 13 in the terrace room. Cost is $10 for members, all others $15. Register before August 11 at myriadgardens.org.
- Workshop: Needle Felting Succulents — From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the terrace room. Cost is $20 for members, all others $25. Register before August 18 at myriadgardens.org.
- Blue: the rarest color in nature — On display 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday through September 7 at the Crystal Bridge Art Gallery. Works of art will be available for sale.
For more event information, go to https://myriadgardens.org/august/ or call 405-445-7080